I know its a little late but here you guys go.
About My Post Fight Comments:
After the fight I was really critical of myself, when I got home and watched the fight I would have to say that my performance was not as bad as I originally thought.
During the fight I put constant pressure on Mirko and totally neutralized his game plan.
The part I was upset about was my takedowns, I was making mistakes I was not making a month before the fight, so I still have work to do there. That being said the way I utilized the cage was no different than other fighters that are successful so I don’t get all the backlash.
During the fight I never gave up, I was always looking for an opening and once I saw the opportunity, I seized it, and knocked him out.
About the Commentating
When I hear the commentating about how I should have pulled guard that’s just ridiculous. I’ve been in the UFC for a while now, and I know how scoring works. If I pulled guard and could not obtain a submission that’s really good for Mirko and bad for me in the judges eyes.
I felt I was winning the fight and in my opinion the fighter that’s losing should be the one that should try and take more risks.
Not Receiving Knockout of the Night
It is not my job to dictate bonuses. I did finish the fight with a pretty nice Knock Out when the opportunity presented itself. Of course I thought I was going to receive it, I had the only KO of the night, and it was over a major striker.
Dana’s remarks on Performance
Dana is my boss and he has the right to make any comments he likes about the fight. All I can say is there were two fighters in the cage, and I feel I was the one engaging. I am a Martial Artist that fights using technique and try not to let emotion or crowds dictate how I fight. I feel my performance and conditioning were great for this fight other than my takedowns, and I’m working on them constantly.
Dana’s remarks on Heart
Once again Dana has the right to say whatever he likes. If I had no heart I would have stopped fighting after my accident in 2004. Instead I came back and won another title and I will win the title again.
What’s Next
If I had my choice I want to fight the loser of Lesnar and Velasquez.
No comments:
Post a Comment